Added Feb. 24, 2011: A couple have asked, so I thought I would just add an update to my post from yesterday. My daughter will be 18 months next month. It may be a bit early to get all excited, but she has been telling me off and on for the last few weeks when she had to potty. We would run to the bathroom, but nothing ever happened. Probably because she had just gone in her diaper and she was starting to identify that something was going on ;) Yesterday she did both to my astonishment!! It helped to just sit in there for a long time. She was content and so was I just watching her think she was the queen of the throne! :) Well, it happened again today! It's all her telling me. I am really in no rush to start this whole potty training thing again. I was planning to wait til shorts weather when we are outside a lot. That is when the training took place for my older two boys. It worked great. Well, she has other plans and I am just going to go with it.
We've been thinking about adding on to our house soon, so I will keep you posted and maybe we can arrange for some tenants! :) Hee hee...it would be fun to talk camera talk though with other women!

And just because I thought these were cute and somewhat funny.....


{The Brady Bunch}
She kept swinging her legs while we sat there for 10 minutes or so. To keep her busy I gave her a little Playmobil guy to hold onto and just by looking around. She seemed very intrigued with her new view.
ooh... these are great, how do you do it. I love the way all your photos turn out. I am really wishing I could sit down and get some tips from you. Good luck with potty training. I won't be there for another year I don't think... but looking forward to being diaper free someday.
ReplyDeleteAwww! You are going to treasure these on day! I can't wait for my girl to want to sit on the potty. She is too hard headed though and I am sure she will decide for herself when she is ready. Her oldest brother was the same way. I also wanted to say thank you so much for the email. I am so sorry I did not get back to you faster. I learned a lot and can't wait to put them to use. I think you have a lot more natural light then I do. My house is so dark. :/ Bad for pictures but good when we have the TX heat. Textures are not hard at all. You put them over your picture and then change the blending mode. I did a soft light on this one. I know you can get more advanced but I am not that good yet.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, too cute!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I love these! Yay for the potty. How old is she?? I love the feet hanging off the potty. These are all so cute. You even have great light in the bathroom, I need your house, can I move in! LOL :)
ReplyDeleteThese are precious! I love your lighting too. I think Melissa and I are going to take over your house for photography purposes. :) I'm looking forward to potty training my little girl. A few more months though. I'm curious to know how old she is too.
ReplyDeleteThese are priceless! I can't wait, well, I can... but I look forward to my baby being potty trained. I will have to remember to take pictures like these. Very cute and good for her! :)
ReplyDeleteAww, wow! WTG! Such sweet pics too <3
ReplyDeleteSo adorable, I'm like Melissa...I love the one of her feet! And awesome for you that she's so interested!!
ReplyDeleteThe feet picture is my FAVORITE! So cute! And if she is read I say more power to you! ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhen my son was sitting on the potty this am, the light was coming in through the window and lighting him so nicely that I almost grabbed my camera, but I didn't think at 4 years old, he'd appreciate potty shots, but yours are precious! I love how wonderfully you captured the moment! And let me know when you open the Inn so I can make a reservation! A 365 get together would be so much fun!
ReplyDeleteGood for you and her at 18 months! I love the lighting and the angle you got on these. Adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh my! These pictures are gorgeous. Such a perfectly captured memory.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is VERY young to get it already, but I swear girls train earlier.
Tracy got your response... My email is babytalkblog@yahoo.com. I would love to know your secret to the amazing light permeating your photography even indoors. Thanks I appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are adorable - love the one of her looking up!
ReplyDeleteLove these! Count me in for a stay at the Tracy Bed and Breakfast and Natural Light Photography School ;-)
ReplyDeleteThe Lego boxes in my SP the other day were Lego games. Do your boys like those? We just discovered them at Christmas. They're with the rest of the games in the store and there are quite a few to choose from.
THe sweet feet dangling from the potty seat are precious.
ReplyDeletePrecious! What sweet photos!
ReplyDeletePaulette
Beautiful shots. Especially the last one. She looks so sweet.
ReplyDeleteYou are so clever these are gems!!! I hope we get to this stage soon!
ReplyDelete