Thursday, March 29, 2012

Imagine: Butterflies

Leighton is always up for imagination and when I mentioned running was involved, he jumped on it!  And since he is my child neighbors and passersby see running through the yard in hopes to capture the moth, bug, butterfly or whatever it may be with wings, I figured he would fit this photo well.
Butterflies hold a special place in our heart.  Each year we raise the many monarch caterpillars we find on our own milkweed plants we have growing right out our back door.  Last year we hired a lawn service for part of the summer to mow.  I remember the one day we arrived home only to remember I was going to mention to the crew not to mow over our little field of milkweed.
{What he usually looks like because he is running lightening fast!}
I was too late.  The children and I ran to the backyard only to find milkweed remnants thrown about.  It was one heart crushing day!  We thought positive though and figured there would be plenty of time from then until the time our monarch butterflies would arrive to lay their eggs.  And we did!  We had an amazing few months watching the life cycle of the monarchs.

Butterflies....looking forward to another year!

2 comments:

  1. Love these so much Tracy!! Glorious everything... colors, tones... love it all! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.